Saturday 26 January 2013

Eamonn O’Neill

Thanks to Eimhin McNamara for tweeting a great Bafta blogpost on Eamonn O’Neill, proud Arklow man and IADT graduate, who's been nominated for a Bafta for his RCA film 'I'm Fine Thanks'...




The Bafta blogpost is a really honest insight into the precarious nature of the personal film making process. I love this quote from Eamonn...

I can say that making films does not get easier. I am constantly filled with self-doubt and always questioning what I am doing. Thankfully, being nominated for something like a BAFTA helps to quell those fears and doubts and replaces them with a whole new set to contend with. Until the next film at least. Nonetheless, it’s become clear to me that you have to keep making things; you get itchy if you don't. You have to keep writing, keep drawing, keep shooting, keep thinking and keep feeling your way through. After that you can show it to people. You never know, maybe good things will happen.

Best of luck to Eamonn in the Baftas! Fingers crossed!
 
Full blogpost available at...

http://guru.bafta.org/blog/short-stuff-im-fine-thanks-1

http://www.eamonnoneill.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment