Friday 4 January 2013

Light Fire Under Arse!

Following visit to GP, am now on Amoxicillin - feeling very rinsed out, trawling through Peter Hook's crazy, entertaining book about Joy Division 'Unknown Pleasures', whilst working on a couple of submissions for my latest Teaching and Learning Module - Technology Enhanced Learning. Gawd.

No animation being done!

To light a 2013 fire under my arse (get me up to the studio to work on some animation), I give myself this Randi Zuckerberg quote from Anya Kamanetz's newsfeed...

What did you learn in 2012 that you will carry forth with you into 2013?

"Don't be afraid to take risks that other people are going to call you out on. Nothing worth doing is easy. If people didn't care about my show, they'd just be like, 'cute show.' It's better to elicit passion than a lukewarm response... the haters are an opportunity to engage."
How I'll apply it in 2013:
"We're going to be taking risks in our business, pushing the envelope with programming that evokes a full on emotional response."

http://tinyurl.com/amp6tqt

Nothing worth doing is easy! I feel briefly brave again. Maybe it's the antibiotics? Courage mon brave! Courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment